16 Things We Did in 2016
Culture Dec 30, 2016
We’re all standing around the office with a resounding, “Where did the year go?” Not only are we there – the end of 2016 – our Los Angeles office is near its year-mark as well. We’ve had eleven months marked by growing pains, surprises and a lack of REM sleep. Though had we not had such passion (aka the ability to endure), we wouldn’t be where we are. To a year of growth, fun, fortune and enrichment, here’s what our 2016 was made up of:
1. Renovated the office for 5 months then assembled 24 tables and 30 chairs.
2. Celebrated 8 birthdays.
3. Completed 14 pitches, formed 4 major partnerships, won 3 new clients.
4. Attended 5 conferences, spoke at 3.
5. Over 300,000 miles flown, 2 road trips down.
6. Finished 19 cases of wine.[i]
7. Made over 500 custom fortune cookies.
8. Current count of dogs is 5 and growing.
9. Volunteered over 100 hours & donated over 200 books to CII’s on-campus library.
10. 1 feature film & 1 scripted series in development.
11. 2 reality shows in production.
12. Broke 2 printers, lost 15 orchids to an overage of water.
13. One accepted marriage proposal, one baby on the way.[ii]
14. One undisclosed mini-bar tab, ten parking tickets, five misplaced key fobs.
15. Attempted to build 2 gingerbread houses, completed 1.
16. Interviewed 110 people, found 11, still short 10.
To our clients, partners and teams across the seas, we wish you a very Happy New Year.
[i] This is a conservative roundup and one our parents won’t be ashamed of.
[ii] We can’t take all the credit here entirely, but we are fans of love and family.